[Sca-cooks] Hampton Court copper kettle

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 4 23:25:34 PST 2006

Maire mentioned:
<<< The most memorable piece I recall was this absolutely massive,
huge copper
boiling kettle that was quite a bit taller than I am, and which people
needed to use these little built-in stairs to access the top of. >>>

The stairs were built into the copper kettle? Or do you mean the site
had some extra stairs built so the tourists could look into the kettle?

Why would they need that large of a kettle? What would they have used
it for? Although it sounds like it would make a nifty hot tub.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com