[Sca-cooks] Fwd: I am pleased to announce....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 6 22:56:40 PST 2006

Ranvaig replied to me with:
<<<
> Hmmm. Nope. No sushi mouse recipes in the Florilegium. There is that
> rat-on-a-stick recipe, although the ingredient list is suspect...

http://www.travelingtiger.com/travelingtiger/laos/misc/images/
roastedrat.jpg
Genuine rats on a stick (don't look if you are squeamish).

Interesting. Those don't look too bad, although small, only a bit or
two. Sort of like the skewered beef? strips available as an appetizer
at may Asian restaurants? I assume they've been gutted, but do they
still have most of their bones inside? Do yo eat these whole, bones
and all? Sort of like eating soft shell crabs? or some Asian shrimp
dishes that are eaten shell, head and all?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com