[Sca-cooks] cloches

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 17:05:17 PST 2006

niccolo difrancesco mentioned:

<<< For those of us who have no lcue, I looked it up in wikipedia:

Cloche (French language for bell) may refer to the following:
*  Bell (instrument), especially in music directions
*  A covering for protecting plants from cold temperatures. See row
cover
(US English).
*  A close-fitting women's hat with a deep rounded crown and narrow rim,
popularized by flappers
*  A restaurant's bell-shaped cover for a plate of food, to retain
warmth

I would gues my large terra cotta planting pot inverted would work
well for
such application in my oven? >>>

Yes, although I'm not sure about the hole in the top.

Plugging "cloche" into the search engine of the Florilegium gets
several hits including this from the utensils-msg file. Other hits
give a variety of comments including details on what other people
have used as cloche substitutes.

=====