[Sca-cooks] Mortars- was Re: Since things are quiet. What do you want for Christmas?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Dec 9 10:11:02 PST 2006

On 12/9/06, Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:

> I want a honking big camp cooking kettle and an iron griddle to put over my
> firepit. And a really big mortar. I saw one at a flea market, but it was over
> $150 and I didn't have that ion me.
>
> Well, that's the theory, anyway. In practice I'll settle for a few books.
>
> Giano

You're the second person that's mentioned a big mortar. How big are
you thinking about? Reason I'm asking, is that there's a Chinese
grocery (relatively) near me that we go to regularly, and they have
some pretty big mortars. Would be happy to measure them, and maybe
pick a few up and mail them, if people want them. They aren't terribly
expensive- it's shipping that would cost (although I have a friend
heading over to Germany, maybe, in a couple months- might be able to
have him take it, and ship it in country for you, Gianno).

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible