[Sca-cooks] Hello?

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 14:23:55 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> I underwent  surgery yesterday to have hydro-cystomas
> > removed in and around the eyes. Eyes look awful today
> > but that is to be expected. The anti bacterial cream is also making
> > the vision blurry. And of course I have had a headache too.
> > So that is where I've been-- I look like a battered housewife at
> > the moment
> > and probably I even feel like one.
> >
> > Johnnae

    Unfortunate obviously but you have removed a cyst or cysts that
was/were necessary for cancer prevention. Hold on 'battered housewife'.
Things will get better as the inflammation diminishes. One day driving
along the highway, my vision became unblurred in this Chilean summer.
Suddenly I saw all the leaves on the trees, I could see each flower
surrounding the highway. I called a friend immediately to share all the
beauty I could not see before due to my illness. He was absolutely
titillated and moved with my finding that all that time was before my
blind eyes due to my recent illness.
    I suppose something like that has happened to Stefan, our Humpty
Dumpty in Austin of late. A multi-fractured arm and ribs does sound like
hell on wheels. I do feel for you and for him and hope he will find a
job soon. . . It seems like we have all had our year of  'the Chinese
dog.' Which animal is next on our calender for 2007? Will things get
better?
    Everyone said things would get better in 2006 when I was recovering
from a cancer preventive operation in 05! They did until the 18th of
July when I became crippled due to sciatica. In October I arrived in
Santiago, Chile from Madrid, a 20 hour trip, in a wheel chair. Within a
week I was operated and have reemerged learning to walk again thanks to
therapy up to my ears and love from my loved ones and friends all over
world. For me it has been one step at a time to fight to be one of 20%
who next year at this time will be able to have shed pain or to be one
of 80% who who must find a way to live with it. I have conquered
depression which was incurred due to 4 months of being a total invalid.
I have begun to want to eat and live again thanks to so much love and
care. The other night between friends, we celebrated my progress.
Recently the local news published all of Pinochet's illnesses, 'my god,'
I cried out loud, 'how lucky I am I weigh 90 pounds! and think myself
too fat to carry all that weight when trying walk again! Look at
Pinochet with all his weight and all his problems including sciatica!'
All joined me in my laughter feeling so very lucky in comparison, in
spite of our political views.
    Too the Tallan Family has given me a grand idea of how to give
presents without manually having to walk it through malls where
advertising  pleads for us to throw away money in 'platistified
Christmases.' The Tallans gave me the idea to give really original
presents which my friends can cherish for life instead that box of
chocolates that I cannot afford due to all my medical and therapy bills.
I am sure I can find on line presents such as a copy of that manuscript.
. .
Susan