[Sca-cooks] Known World Cooks Symposium

Rob Downie rdownie at mts.net
Sun Dec 10 14:51:31 PST 2006

Aldyth at aol.com wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>I just received an invitation to crash space for the Known World Cooks
>Symposium in Kansas City in April. Since I am relatively newly back to the list,
>are there any details about classes available, or is it still in the planning
>stages?  The only information that my overenthusiastic former Outlander had
>was that Duke Cariadoc was the keynote speaker.  :-))
>
>Aldyth

I have seen this posted in Godecookery & SCA Subtleties so far:

Calontir Cooking Symposium-April 28, 2007

__, Greetings to the list! Please find below the list of classes for the
upcoming "A Temperance of Cooks" - Calontir Cook's Guild Symposium, April
28, 2007, in the Barony of Forgotten Sea (Kansas City, Missouri). It will
be an all-day event, with multiple tracks of classes, a potluck feast, and a
lunch-time keynote speech provided by Duke Cariadoc of the Bow. We are
hoping for a wide variety of classes on a number of topics, and will have
capability for hands-on classes.

We would love to have you teach! If you would like to teach a class, please
send myself (donyllc at stjoelive.com <mailto:donyllc%40stjoelive.com>) and
Gwen A Brooke
(wombat_girl at hotmail.com <mailto:wombat_girl%40hotmail.com>) an email
detailing the class topic, class title,
class size, AM or PM preference, class fee (if any), and if your class needs
a kitchen.

These are the classes we have so far:

Instructor Class Title/Topic

Mistress Kateryn Period Manuscript

HRM Caillin Humoural Theory

HRM Caillin Teutonic Manuscript

Duke Cariadoc of the Bow Islamic Cooking Class

Mistress Gwyneth "Food of the gods: Chocolate
in period"

Mistress Diana Outdoor cooking class

Lord Malik Outdoor spit roasting
class

Mistress Meredydd Bread sauces

Lord Sean Kitchen Hygiene (food
safety for the SCA kitchen)

HL Gwen A Brooke Mustard class

HL Gwen A Brooke Vinegar class

Mistress Anges Herbal

Lady Ishmala Sugar Paste for
beginners

Guenievre de Monmarche "These Things Come from the
Terrestrial Paradise..."

Guenievre de Monmarche "Pies: the Ideal Tourney Food"

Lady Genevieve Darroch "How to steward a successful feast
of any size"

In service,

Ishmala Hatun bint Johara