[Sca-cooks] kitchen clean-up at primitive sites.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 16 01:37:27 PST 2006

Maggie MacD.mentioned:

<<< If Santa Claus could dig out an easy plan for a large scale
primitive
kitchen setup for cleaning up after feasts, that would be great too.
I'd do
more of the baronial feasts in the "wilds" if there was a practical
way of
cleaning up.  I'm thinking we might (as a group) start exploring a large
size heat exchanger system.  The baron does it with a coil of copper
tubing
set in a charcoal chimney (filled with burning charcoal), and both ends
extend into a bucket of water. It heats up very nicely that way. We just
need a lot more water than one bucket. >>>

I have this file of previous conversation on cleaning kitchens:
kitchen-clean-msg (14K)  7/16/06    Cleaning the kitchen after an SCA
event.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/kitchen-clean-msg.html

And this one on cooking at primative sites:
prim-sit-fsts-msg  (8K)  4/ 6/01    Preparing feasts at primitive sites
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/prim-sit-fsts-msg.html

However, I don't ever remember us discussing how best to do clean-up
at a primitive site. I'd like to hear more about your baron's
charcoal burning water heater. Or if you can get him to send me a
message about it or an article that would be nice.

I've seen a number of primitive site clean up areas which were
marginally adequate. I'd love to hear other peoples suggestions or
solutions.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas