[Sca-cooks] Sad news from Atlantia

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 11:40:57 PST 2006

Good Friends, Gentle Cousins,
At this season of joy and peace, it grieves me to inform you of the passing
of Master Vuong Manh, Companion of the Order of the Pelican, Mandarin
Second Class of the Royal Court, Premier Companion of the Golden Dolphin,
Companion of Order of the Silver Crescent, Companion of the
Lozulet.

Many of my earliest memories of the SCA include this gentle man, one who
always sought peace in all that he did.  He was one of the founding lights
of the Kingdom of Atlantia, having served as her first Chronicler as a
Principality...which is why our newsletter is just about the only thing that
doesn't have a sea theme...he edited the newsletter of the Barony of
Myrkewoode, the Acorn...and used the mailing permit for that to send out the
Principality newsletter...which of course had to have the same name!  When I
was Triton Principal Herald, he served as my "drop dead" deputy and actually
wound up serving for a few hours when one of our Kings suspended me from
office for the duration of his reign (it worked out to be about 12
hours...).  He breathed a great sigh of relief when the new King was crowned
and agreed to reinstate me!

Dick Eney was active in Science Fiction fandom as well.  I had heard of him
through my cousin, also very active, before I met him as Master Vuong Manh.

Though I had not seen much of him in recent times, I will miss knowing that
his gentle presence is nearby.

Kiri
  Atlantia