[Sca-cooks] Christmas Goodies....

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 13:36:48 PST 2006

I didn't get a whole lot of cooking stuff this year...but I did get Sally
Grainger's new translation of Apicius, along with the companion book of
redactions.  Phillip's sister gave us a lovely soup tureen that has acorns
and oak leaves on it (our household badge is made up of these...household
name is Tair Derwen or Three Oaks).  His mother gave us a lovely
Mediterranean-style lidded jar containing three flavors of biscotti...which
I can't have, drat that diabetes!  But it was a great Christmas...and we
still have New Year's (with dear friends...an all-night party where we do a
sleep-over and have wonderful waffles the next morning) and Twelfth Night
(even if it is 'way the heck and gone down on the North Carolina-South
Carolina border!!).

Kiri

Oh, and Huette, bless her heart, gave me a year's subscription to Petit
Propos au Culinaire...after the wonderful Shun small chef's knife she gave
me for helping with her reception...what a generous soul, as if I didn't
already know it!!