[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Dec 30 17:26:27 PST 2006

At 04:18 PM 12/30/2006, you wrote:
>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>     "a servant's allotment is not necessarily indicative of what was
>available to the population at large in the 15th century."
>     I have never seen "servants' allotments" for sugar, spices or other
>luxury products in the 15th century. What was available to those who who
>could not buy slaves was locally produced - not pepper.

You said 'household members', which is the 15th century did indeed include
the servants. I would still like to see any of your documentation for the
statements about 15th century luxury products, and why you may or may not
have linked them to Elizabeth's time. I am sure that I am not the only one
who is very confused by your statements and wonders where they are coming from.

'Lainie