[Sca-cooks] Spice and cheese question for armored turnips

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Dec 4 07:34:39 PST 2006

Hmm. Interesting discussion all around...

I've had the best results for armored turnips with fairy hard cheeses. For
camping events I get a sack of the pre-grated 'Italian' blend, which has
parmesan, romano, asiago, etc. They are pretty salty and a nice foil to the
sweeter turnips. Also, the poudre douce tends to bring out the sweetness in
the turnips, which I rather like. YMMV, of course.

'Lainie