[Sca-cooks] Brining Vessels

Sandragood at aol.com Sandragood at aol.com
Mon Dec 4 09:25:06 PST 2006

A five gallon drink cooler works great and I used it for my turkey last  year.

Check with a local fast food burger joint for a 5 gallon pickle  bucket.  The
youth group at our church used to get these for our canoe  trips.  They make
perfect water tight coolers for going down river.

I personally still use my 8 gallon stoneware crock from my  father-in-law's
hardware store.  He gave me it years ago to make  my salted beef.  My husband
fashioned a wooden lid for it and I love  it.  These crocks are not cheap, and
are very heavy, but I remain a little  old fashioned about it.  They can be
found at most old-style hardware  stores.  You know, the kind where there's a
counter with knowledgeable  people behind it to serve you and get you what you
need.

In Service,
Liz