[Sca-cooks] vegetable side dish

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Dec 7 09:15:25 PST 2006

I really liked the Agraz that Adamantius suggested from Alia Atlas
translation of "Ein Buch von guter spise"

 http://cs-people.bu.edu/akatlas/Buch/recipes.html

It was recipe #35. Ein agraz (An agraz )

Nim holtze epfele und peterlin und bezzin. und stoz ez zu sammene und
drücke uz. daz die petersilie ein wenic zuvar. daz heizzet auch agraz.
Take wood apples and parsley and turnips and pound it together and
press it out, that the parsley colors a little. That is also called
Agraz.

Adamantius suggested that beets were meant rarher than turnips, so I
used them. Came out as a very pretty dark red, with parsley bits for
contrast. Very nice side dish/condiment.