[Sca-cooks] galette and chestnuts (was Thanksgiving)

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 10:35:15 PST 2006

>What is mushroom galette?

Galette can mean a flat cake or a crepe... but the kind I meant is a
freeform rustic pie.  Some recipes call for pie crust or puff pastry,
but I use a crust that is half way between pizza dough and pie dough.
Rich but not too rich.<<

The L.A Times, once upon ago, had a recipe for a galette (cheese and onion) that used 2 if the then-folded and now-rolled ready-made pie crusts. IIRC, the recipe says to put the 2 crsuts on top of each other, then roll them out untill they were half again as big as the originals. It worked really well.

An easy alternative for those pressed for time or crustally challeged.

Renata