[Sca-cooks] Torta a la Genovesa

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 7 16:09:18 PST 2006

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com wrote:

>Hi.  I absolutely love to cook from de Nola.  I have both Mistress Brighid's
>translation (printed out from the Florilegium) and the one by Vincent Cuenca
>(sold by Poison Pen Press).  Someday I hope to get my hands on a copy of the
>facsimile in Castillian.
>

>A sus ordenes,
>Constanza Marina de Huelva

If you ever want to know what a particular word or phrase is in the
original, feel free to ask.  I would caution you that the 1929
transcription edited by Dionisio Perez is flawed.  Through "scribal
error", some text was left out, and in the modernization of the
spelling, some words were altered.  Oldtimers on this list may remember
my puzzlement (and subsequent rant) about this very recipe.  The
transcription called for "aceite de bazo" (oil from the spleen).  The
facsimile read "aceite debaxo" (oil underneath).

--

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net