[Sca-cooks] Just suppose... pre-1600 wafer patterns

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 10 22:50:15 PST 2006

Susan commented:
<<< Craig Jones wrote:
> Now that I think about it, I've never seen pre-1600 wafer
> patterns... I'm
> sure someone an enlighten me...

Good point there as Edward IV absolutely loved wafers. Unfortunately
Florilegium's message "pancakes-msg ? 11/20/04" only cites one 17th C
Dutch painting showing wafer irons.  >>>

It does? Oops. I'm not sure that that message on wafers should have
been in the pancakes file, although it may have been in there because
it had info on pancakes and only peripherally on wafers. Or I forgot
to move it to the more appropriate file.

Anyway, for info on wafers, I would check this file, also in the FOOD-
BREADS section:
wafers-msg        (85K) 11/13/04    Period savory and sweet wafers.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

I still don't remember it having anything on the patterns on period
wafer irons, though. I'd love to get such info though. And if someone
has pictures of such patterns, I can put graphics info files.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com