[Sca-cooks] Half an outcast!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 22 21:44:48 PST 2006

I had one find me today....;o)
I've got a horrible, horrible cold, and I was at work this afternoon,
shutting down my computer, and debating going home and coughing myself to
death, or being a Good Girl (tm), and running hours' worth of last-minute
errands, and what appeared at my desk, but a friend who happened to drop by
to say hi, and who was more than willing to take me to the store I needed,
get me and the Festivus stuff and the 20-odd pounds of cat food and 60-odd
pounds of cat litter home.  On top of which, pulling up to my neighbors'
house as we were getting out of her car, were two friends of hers (nice,
muscular guys), coming to visit my neighbors on the corner, and they (bless
their pea-pickin' little hearts) got all of my stuff, cat products and all,
up the d at mned stairs and into my apt in one fell swoop.
On a day when I'm feeling this crappy, grumpy, and exhausted, I couldn't
have asked for a nicer set of circumstances!  I'm home, stuff is done, and
I've got a pint of Cherry Garcia ice cream to soothe my sore throat.
--Maire, glad to find something to be joyful about ;o)