[Sca-cooks] Lefse .... help me, please

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 23 07:11:47 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
> > > SNIP < < < The other difference is that the potato lefse I've seen are
quite
large, maybe 15 inches across. You'd probably want to double, or
maybe even triple, the recipe.

Ateno's family eats these with Swedish meatballs, lutefisk (which for
Alaskan Norwegians appears to be made from fresh cod, not
reconstituted dried), and butter with cloudberry or lingonberry jam,
sometimes even cranberry sauce.

He also has a dedicated Norwegian lefse griddle (I think it's called
a takke), a ridged lefse rolling pin, and a long wooden spatula,
basically a wooden lath sharpened on one edge, to turn the lefse...

Adamantius < < < <

Appears that there is a website dedicated to stuff to make lefse:

http://www.lefsetime.com/

niccolo difrancesco
(found it looking for a picture of the rolling pin . . . not the same as my
mystery pin, though)