[Sca-cooks] Speaking of Oats (was steel cut oats - was haggis OOP)

Celia des Archier celiadesarchier at cox.net
Sat Dec 23 14:17:45 PST 2006

I saw that, too, at Albertsons.  It wasn't quite as dramatic a price
difference here, though.  I gauge price difference by the per unit price and
the Quaker was 24 oz vs. the McCann's was 28 oz and the price came out to
.285 cents per oz for the McCann's vs. .250 cents per oz for the Quaker, so
I went with the McCann's since I'd seen them recommended many times.

I, too, found it interesting that Quaker was now selling steel cut oats.  It
tells me that the word is getting out and they're becoming more popular.

I've since heard that you can get steel cut oats much less expensively from
the natural food store in bulk, so I'm checking that out when these are gone
:-)