[Sca-cooks] Saint Nicholas was Half an outcast!

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Dec 23 20:16:05 PST 2006

House on the Hill sells St Nicholas cookie molds. The one
of St Nicholas with his donkey dates to the 1600s.

http://www.houseonthehill.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_37&products_id=162

Johnnae
> On Dec 23, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
>
>> say, how far back does the image of santa claus or saint
>> nicholas go... as we might see it or in period.
Well, since we have some fairly recent images (say, late 19th century)
of Saint Nicholas in his Christmassy incarnation that don't