[Sca-cooks] Sad news from Atlantia

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 30 21:46:18 PST 2006

'Lainie replied to me with:

> Kiri mentioned the passing of Master Vuong Manh and mentioned:
>
> <<< When I
> was Triton Principal Herald, he served as my "drop dead" deputy and
> actually
> wound up serving for a few hours when one of our Kings suspended me
> from
> office for the duration of his reign (it worked out to be about 12
> hours...).  He breathed a great sigh of relief when the new King was
> crowned and agreed to reinstate me! >>>
>
> So, what did you do that got you banished?
>
> Stefan

<<< _Suspended_, Stefan, not banished. There's a significant difference!

'Lainie, never been either... >>>

Oh. I know that there are several levels of banishment, but I wasn't
aware there was a separate "suspension". I just assumed that although
Kiri used the term "suspended" she meant one of the lower levels of
banishment. So, what's the difference?

I guess I ought to drag out a copy of corpora sometime and read about
banishments. I seem to remember that they were going to or had
revised the rules recently on this. However, this is mostly an
academic exercise for me. My actions don't tend to put me on the
radar screens of Royalty.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas