[Sca-cooks] crab cakes/crab rounds

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 3 01:29:25 PST 2006

Kiri commented:
<<< Well, unfortunately, due to the cost, we won't be doing crab cakes.
However, I am shipping 15 lbs. of crab meat from a local store on
Thursday...we're going to make Crab Rounds, a lovely little recipe
from one of my favorite cookbooks, "Virginia Hospitality." >>>

What is the difference between crab cakes and crab rounds?

I recently had a pair of frozen crab cakes which were much better
than I remember them being. They didn't stick together as well as the
past ones, but they seemed to have much larger chunks o crab. Maybe
they didn't stick together as well because they had a smaller
proportion of filler.

I still have several cans of crab meat. Would crab cakes be agood use
for this?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas