[Sca-cooks] recipes in verse

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 25 21:59:45 PST 2006

My apologies if I've already posted this. I'm afraid I can't remember
if I have or not.

<<< Sydney wrote:
Yes, it does.  Recipes and health regimens in verse were common in the
middle ages.

I really like it; it would make the recipe easier to remember. I don't
recall having seen rhyming before in a cooking manuscript so I was
curious.
Thanks!

   Aislinn/AEscwynn >>>

I'm not sure how "common" this was, but you can find out more
information on various rhyming recipes which we've discussed
previously in this file in the Florilegium.

rec-in-verse-msg   (8K) 12/11/06    Period recipes written in a verse
format.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/rec-in-verse-msg.html

Stefan
--------