[Sca-cooks] Cooking classes/articles

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 11 23:57:51 PST 2006

Johnnae mentioned:

You could take the approach where you start
with a literary reference to a dish. Or something
'food in art' with an artwork that depicts people
eating or preparing dishes or foods. Then provide a series
of recipes that use the ingredient or show the dish.
Go from early to later or use recipes from various countries.
Throw in some dietary advice courtesy of those texts.
Then show and serve the dish.

That gives the audience the opportunity to see and gain some
idea about what it is that SCA cookery and foods are all about.
<<<

I think this is an excellent idea. It might also work well for a
series of period cooking/food articles. I have a number of files in
the Florilegium that cover much of this, but they are, as collections
of independent messages, much more disjointed than an article should
be. But you could take a subject such as carrots, or onions or
saffron or cabbage or pig's feet or whatever and do it this way.

Even if much of the info is already in the Florilegium, I'd love to
have some articles done this way. Even those centered on hardly
edible items such as liver, beets, asparagus and tomatoes. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com