[Sca-cooks] books (and libraries)

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Mon Feb 13 22:04:11 PST 2006

I have several books that I thought should be part of my library's
collection, but when I offered them I was turned down.  At first I was
irritated, but they explained that non-library bindings simply wouldn't hold
up to the abuse that many books are put to. I used to volunteer at a library
and after seeing the damage that the books receive when you put them in
those outside book dumps (they call them drops, but dumps is what they are)
I never can bring myself to use them any longer!  Even if you are careful
when you place them inside, someone else comes in with an armload and shoves
them in any which way.

Putting them on a sale table sounds good!

Wanda