[Sca-cooks] Carrots in Dutch paintings

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 16 07:43:58 PST 2006

Lyse wrote:

>On a side note, how about some purple tomatoes?
>http://www.rareseeds.com/catlisting.php?cat=88

I've managed to overcome my lifelong distaste for nasty acid-y raw
tomatoes with the dark purple-to-black breeds.  Less acid, more deep
tomato flavor, o yum!  I'm preparing my garden plot now.  Have you
actually done business with these people and are the reliable?  The
selection certainly seems impressive.

Meanwhile, back on topic... I may get a variety of the carrot seeds
specifically for growing and serving at a summer feast.  That should
impress somebody.

Selene Colfox