[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 33, Issue 33

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Feb 18 07:17:39 PST 2006

So, Johann (or others), what are ways in which a person could include these
devotional practices in the Lenten season? I am not, modernly, Catholic (nor
even Christian), although I was raised in a variety of Protestant churches
(Mom being kind of a congregation-shopper).  I would like to make this
second Lenten experiment for my persona a meaningful one as an exploration
into what she (Maire) would have felt and done, without, of course, being at
all disrespectful of those for whom this is an actual, living religious
experience.  Besides the food/fasting, what else would I be likely to be
doing, as a 14th century woman during Lent?
--Maire