[Sca-cooks] Lenten ideas for non Christians...

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 22:36:26 PST 2006

Maire  -
	Write me privately at kingstaste at comcast.net and I'll send
you the persona question list I give out at my persona building
workshops.  Lots of questions to think about.  I can only answer about
25% for mine!
Christianna

I didn't catch the original post (although I spent a very pleasant
Saturday
evening reading old blogs by the Yarn Harlot--gotta love Canadian
humor....), so I'm going to assume that was a legit question, and not
list
weirdness....Pay attention, Radei....I'm doing this for my persona,
silly
man.  Not for Sue's religious practices, but Maire's.  Sue's path isn't
much
into fasting, even if it is very much into seasonal awareness and
meditation
and practicing mindfulness (thanks for the ideas, Johann!).  And while
Sue
has a fairly reasonable christian background (enough so that she can
quote
parts of the Bible with the best of them), she doesn't come from a
tradition
that makes a big deal of Lent.  She doesn't even come from a part of the
country in which Catholics, or Greek or Russian Orthodox believers are
even
very common.  We have lots of Lutherans, though, and as a child, I was
actually forced to eat lutefisk.  Once.  ;o) (obligatory food content)
I'm not just doing this for the cool recipes, although food is certainly
fun.  I'm doing this primarily for persona research (thanks, ladies for
pointing that out), which is not something I've spent much time on, over
lo-these-many years.
<snip>

--Maire (Artemisian), off to bed so that she can get up at a reasonable
hour
tomorrow, and see if it's possible to knit socks and do recipe research
at
the same time.....