[Sca-cooks] Ah, a new diet plan

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Sun Feb 19 12:41:42 PST 2006

Ah, but M'Lord Stefan, one must properly *frame* the technique.  Don't
just explain that you're going to make them cold.  Explain all the
various ways you're going to make them cold and design items and
paraphenalia to help them be cold.

Ideas like:
o  Swimming in frigid water
o  Rolling in snow
o  Running in below-freezing weather

See?  And develop specific techniques designed to help them avoid injury
to muscles while performing these activities.  And special clothing for
staying cold.  And mental techniques to help them deal with the
discomfort of the cold.

You could make LOTS of money off of the diet fad crowd, if you spin it
right!

--Cian

Stefan li Rous wrote:

>> How many calories are burned off by chattering teeth?  =:-O
>>
>> 'Lainie
>> _____
>
> Shivering is an involuntary clenching of muscles; its purpose is to
> generate heat and warm you up. When your teeth are chattering and every
> muscle in your body is tight and tense, you burn nearly four times more
> calories than usual.
> <<<
>
> Now, there's a diet plan I've not heard of before. "Take off your
> clothes, walk into walk-in cooler or freezer and stay awhile"
>
> Naw. Somehow I don't think it will catch on. Besides there's no money
> to be made in promoting it by selling special food or books.
>
> Stefan
> --------
>    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

---
John Kemker

"Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to
command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit
the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these
editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but
didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place
to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a
newspaper." --Robert E. Lee