[Sca-cooks] Lenten stufff, chickens, fish and vegetarians...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 22:52:29 PST 2006

Abot Johann von Metten contrasted the Western and Orthodox versions
of Lent:
Middle Eastern Lent, that is Orthodox Great Fast starts NOT on March
1st but on February 27th, the Monday before Western Ash
Wednesday...Rome and the West counts the Sundays...the East does not...
<<<

Thank you!  That was one of the questions I was going to ask this
list. I figured there had to be differences, but I wasn't sure what
they might be.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas