[Sca-cooks] Favorite herb books

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:54:04 PST 2006

I agree on the "encyclopedia" comment and one I like for details is:
Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs -- by Claire Kowalchik (Editor),
William H. Hylton (Editor)

The other two of the top three at Amazon.com were:
Customers who searched for herb encyclopedia ultimately chose:
1.   New Encyclopedia of Herbs & Their Uses -- by DK Publishing, Deni Brown;
Hardcover (Rate it)
Buy new: $26.40 -- Used & new from: $21.12
2.   Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine: The Definitive Home Reference Guide to
550 Key Herbs with all their Uses as Remedies for Common Ailments -- by
Andrew Chevallier, et al; Hardcover (Rate it)
Buy new: $26.40 -- Used & new from: $19.95

I have one with super pictures and a couple more as well.  They all have a
little different focus and I like to cross check things.

Katira