[Sca-cooks] geometry of samosa

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 25 14:38:49 PST 2006

Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:
>Hauviette is here... looking over my shoulder, munching on a Lindt 85%
>dark chocolate bar.  She says to take a squre, fill the center, fold it
>in half, then take up the two outer corners, pull them up to the center
>point.  Bang the resulting "bag" on the table to make a bottom.  That's
>it...done!

THIS is the way!

>By the way, we're here working together to get stuff done for my Middle
>Eastern feast tomorrow.  We're having loads of fun experimenting with
>stuff and putting dishes together.  The feast is looking pretty
>good...we're going to have a mezze during the day with all kinds of
>munchies (lauzinaj, rutab mu'assal (stuffed dates), stuffed eggs, hummus
>kasa, badin, barad, smoked olives, sals abyad, fruit (fresh & dried),
>nuts, etc.  The main feast will be a single course consisting of minted
>cumcumber pickle, jazr (carrots), Marwaziyya (lamb stew), couscous,
>Thumiyya (chicken cooked with ginger, cinnamon and lavender), Isfanakh
>Mutajjan (fried spinach), Badhinjan Buran (eggplant dip) and some of the
>sweets/fruit left over from the mezze.  Whew!!  Urtatim, some of the
>recipes I've used are from your Web site and messages in the
>Florilegium.  Others are Dame Hauviette's...and some are ones that I've
>redacted.  The feast is sold out!!!  Plus a waiting list.

So it's YOUR feast that has been posted in the Middle Eastern lists.
I've been salivating reading the menu. I did noticed that some of the
dishes were recipes i had cooked, but every cook does them
differently. And my recipes are on my website so people can use them
as a starting point.

>Let you know how it went once it's over....

You darn well better! And i'm interested in recipes, so i hope you'll
post your here :-)
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita