[Sca-cooks] killing Rosemary

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 10:43:17 PST 2006

Well, here in the Barony of the Angels [aka Central Caid], I planted two rosemary twigs
and four lavendar twigs in my iris bed because I was having gopher problems and I was
told that gophers hate aromatic roots.  Well they not only keep the gophers away, they
overwhelmed my iris, so that I had to re-do the entire bed.  I now have a
lavendar/rosemary/lavendar bush so fused together that it is hard to tell which bush
begins where.  It is hard to trim it because it is so full of bees.  But when I do,
it give off such delightful scents...

Huette
ps I was given a cedar twig for Christmas about 8 years ago and I planted it in another
iris bed.  It is doing is duty in warding off gophers, but it is growing much, much
slower.  It has gone from a 4" twig to a 18" shrublet during the 8 years, so I probably
will no longer be alive by the time it gets to be a full grown tree...