[Sca-cooks] Sweet frumenty recipes...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 28 21:42:39 PST 2006

Not at all within period.  Triticale is a hybrid of wheat (Triticum) and rye
(Secale) specifically bred in the 1930's to reduce world hunger.  It
produces 5 to 50 percent greater yield than wheat.  Human use products are
still being worked out (the flour is a little heavy), but primary emphasis
in North america is on using it for feed, fodder and silage.

Quadrotriticale appears to be a genetically enhanced polyploidal varietal of
triticale, which the Guide says may attract tribbles (and possibly Martian
flat cats).

Bear