[Sca-cooks] OT: Easy low-sodium recipes needed

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 1 02:30:52 PST 2006

Phlip suggested:

As a suggestion, buy her some Mrs Dash (yellow cap), and tell her to
reach
for it where she'd reach for the salt and pepper. She can also use
the table
version of Mrs Dash (it's ground finer than the yellow cap) can go on
the
table, again when she'd normally reach for the salt shaker.
<<<

Ah, I wasn't aware of Mrs Dash being a salt substitute. I'll have to
look at it again.

A bottle of wine
reserved for cooking can be subbed for her usual Worchestershire
sauce.
<<<

Make sure that this is regular wine and NOT "cooking" wine. I believe
the latter actually has a lot of extra salt added to it. As well as
not usually being very good wine.

And, introduce her to the no salt bouillion cubes.
<<<

Really? There are *no salt* bouillion cubes? I thought they were
required to be half salt. :-) After a suggestion, I think from this
list, I've gone to using the condensed broth in jars, instead of the
cubes, myself.

Thanks for the info, Phlip. I've been trying to cut back on my salt
intake, so these suggestions may be useful.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com