[Sca-cooks] Re: marzipan help

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 09:46:32 PST 2006

        1) My (new) Canton of Brokenbridge is trying to do a bunch of amusing
A&S evenings. In Feb, we're having one called 'The subject was roses' - for
Valentine's Day, of course. So we'll be making roses out of fabric and ribbon
and of course marzipan. So my first question is, does someone have a good
on-line not-too-expensive source for bulk orders?
     2) Related to the above, does anyone remember a [non-period] recipe for
marzipan using the almond paste and marshmallow fluff? I lost my copy at an
event where someone walked off with the recipe book.
     3) Do you think that fondant would work for roses?
            Devra (who REALLY doesn't want to grind all those almonds)

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com