[Sca-cooks] Roses and A&S

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 23:20:28 PST 2006

Devra mentioned:

1) My (new) Canton of Brokenbridge is trying to do a bunch of amusing
A&S evenings. In Feb, we're having one called 'The subject was roses'
- for
Valentine's Day, of course. So we'll be making roses out of fabric
and ribbon
and of course marzipan. So my first question is, does someone have a
good
on-line not-too-expensive source for bulk orders?
<<<

I don't have any answers to your specific questions, but perhaps
these Florilegium files might be of use to you or others in your Canton?
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of
Roses & Sugar"
                                        by Mistress Renata Kestryl of
Highwynds.
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel
del Cavallo.
                                        (medieval roses).
rose-syrup-msg    (10K)  6/24/99    Making rose syrup. It's uses.
Sources.
rose-water-msg    (34K) 11/27/00    Where to buy. How to make. Rose-
water uses.

Stefan

PS: I don't think I have any info on the history of the name of your
Canton or any interesting info about it's heraldry etc, in either of
the placenames-msg file. If you or someone in your group would be
interested in checking the file and then sending me the info I'd love
to consider it for these files.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com