[Sca-cooks] Libum

Aurelia Rufinia aureliarufinia at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 12:42:46 PST 2006

I've made libum a couple time, using a hard cheese
(parmesan, romano, and a blend) and it's really quite
good.  I've also experimented with dried bay leaves
versus fresh ones, and they both work (I think the
fresh worked better, but my dried ones were really
quite old).

I use a non-stick frying pan to simulate the
terracotta covered pot.

The recipie I use is:  Two parts cheese, one part
flour, eggs enough to bind, and bake at 350 on top of
bay leaves until done.  As I recall, this is bread
that's used in rituals, so I don't think messing
around with the bay leaves is in the spirit of the
thing.

Aurelia

Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically..."