[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Roman craticula (cooking grate)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 1 22:53:50 PST 2006

There is one on page 107 of Giacosa's A Taste of Ancient Rome.  There is
supposed to be one in Vehling's Apicius.  IIRC, there is a photograph of one
in the catalog of the Pompeii exhibition that went around abpout 30 years
ago.  The Legio IX Hispana actually built one and you can chase it here,
http://www.atrium-media.com/rogueclassicism/Posts/00000220.html .

Bear