[Sca-cooks] Stupid cook tricks

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 4 10:44:40 PST 2006

Yup, poured granulated garlic instead of powdered ginger into my medieval
gingerbrede once, unfortunately I was on the phone to my Baron and Baroness
at the time, and he's never let me forget it.  (Lesson - don't admit your
mistakes on the phone - fix them and no one will ever know the difference.
I like the idea of adding more spices to your sweet chicken, Brighid...)
Christianna

Robin wrote:

> Sometimes, it can be a mistake to do several tasks simultaneously.  I
> decided to get a start on roasting chicken pieces for dayboard.  I put
> the chicken in the pan. brushed it with olive oil, and sprinkled it
> with some salt from a little bowl that I'd set aside for
> bread-baking.  It wasn't until I decided. to have a piece for lunch
> that I realized my mistake: I'd sprinkled the chicken with sugar that
> I'd set aside for marzipan.  I'd glad I only roasted half the package.
>
> Back to the bread...

Kind of reminds me of the time I picked up a container with powdery
white stuff to thicken a beef stew.  Couldn't figure out why it wasn't
thickening...turns out it was confectioners sugar...I'd forgotten to
label the container!  Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!  Sweet...very sweet...beef stew!

Kiri