[Sca-cooks] Immersion blenders

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:09:31 PST 2006

Mine has three blades, but I just use the blend/puree one.  As mentioned,
great for smoothing out a sauce or soup right in the pan.  The best thing
about it is the ease of cleaning over a regular blender.  I used my
cuisinart yesterday for marzipan and it did a superjob on the nuts.  I used
my kitchenaid (I no longer have a hand held mixer) for whipping up a great
eggnog.  I just replaced my blender with one that does a real number on ice
cubes for ramos fizzes (the old one left lumps).  Each does something
perfectly.  I have ordinary, non-electric tools that would do all these
jobs, but the time and effort is so greatly reduced I am very happy to have
the plug in ones.

FYI, back when, I was intrigued by a demo of an immersion blender where the
fellow made mayo in the cup that comes with it.  Haven't done that but I can
still picture the speed and ease with which the emulsion was created.  And
again, way easy clean up unlike a blender.

Enjoy your new tool!

Katira