[Sca-cooks] Prince Biscuit alts?

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 06:23:06 PST 2006

From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
> Kiri,
>
> Did you use regular Splenda? Or did you use this Splenda/sugar mix
> that Iasmin is speaking of?
>
> This Splenda/sugar mix is something you can get off the shelf in the
> grocery store. I'm not sure if there is any advantage of buying the
> pre-mixed stuff other than convenience, though.

Actually, I used straight Splenda...no sugar at all and not the mixture that Iasmin speaks of.  I found that Splenda works just fine just about everywhere except for making syrup-type things (glazes, etc.) and yeast breads, which require the sugar so that the yeast will have something to eat.  I have even found a recipe, which I tried, which calls for doing a king of glaze on nuts using Splenda.  Worked just fine!

Kiri