[Sca-cooks] Bread machine revisited

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 10 04:59:44 PST 2006

> One of my attempts- following the recipe exactly- had a loaf with a hole
> inside it, big enough to fit my fist in. I know, because I actually fit my
> fist into it- and I do NOT have small hands ;-)

Large holes in the crumb usually happen to me when I get in a hurry and
don't get all of the flour worked into the dough or the gluten in the dough
breaks down from being overworked

> Now, if I could just figure out how to get a little bit of that aeration
> into
> my whole wheat loaves...
>
> Phlip

Try using a little more yeast and/or adding some diamalt to the mix.  One of
the extremely active yeasts might also be a plus.

Bear