[Sca-cooks] lentils

Irmgart irmgart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 05:39:59 PST 2006

My *favorite* way to do lentils is from Rumpolt:

*Linsen* (Lentils)
Rumpolt
Take lentils/ wash them fine clean/ and soak them. Take also a good
beef-broth/ let simmer/ cut onion and a little garlic into it/ so that it
comes nice and thick/ and when it is cooked/ so put green well-tasting
herbs/ that have been chopped fine/ thereto/ and cooked bacon/ let it simmer
therewith/ so it becomes good and tasty. You can also cook lentils without
onion/ how one likes to eat it/ so it may be prepared.

To be fair, I usually cook the bacon in the pot, take it out, saute the
onions and garlic in it, then add the broth and lentils. For fresh herbs, I
like it best with rosemary, but that's me, :)

This is a favorite in my house when we are broke as broke can be, because
lentils, garlic, onions and stock are cheap, I buy bacon when it goes on
sale and store it in the freezer.

-Irmgart