[Sca-cooks] OOP bag sealer question

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 12:57:54 PST 2006

At 09:13 AM 1/16/2006,Cat . said something like:
>I will be feeding a
>small herd at Estrella again, and since I also want to
>have time to do other stuff I will be precooking some
>nice periody stuff, freezing, and just reheating in
>the boiling water (which then provides nice hot water
>for cleaning the dishes after! )  Worked like a dream
>last year, but the machine I borrowed is no longer
>with me, so I want to invest in my own (but am on a
>SERIOUS budget, so price is a consideration!)
>
>In service and curiosity
>Gwen I like to get2 birds with one stone Cat

Using the other recommendations of the Foodsaver, I did a little
search, and found the Foodsaver Vac 300 at a rather nice price of
$29.99 over at:
http://www.superclearance.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=44847&cat=286&partner=froogle

The other advantage of bringing things frozen in the bags is that you
have an ice source that doesn't leave a mess in your ice chest while camping.

Will there be an sca-cooks list meetup at Estrella? I understand I'll
be doing some stuff at the bardic booth in merchant's, and theres a
very dear old friend from Atenvelt that I'm meeting there for some
serious partying, but meeting faces off the list might be fun too.

Cheers,
Maggie MacD.