[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 32, Issue 49

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 09:48:37 PST 2006

That's how we did our turkey...we did it in a plastic tub...didn't want to do it in metal because we didn't want it reacting with the brine.  I guess the only question would be whether it was food grade or not.

I think that the idea of having it ona  board and being carved by the serving wenches would be great!!

Kiri
From: "Terri Morgan" <online2much at cox.net>

> Question - if I brine it for two days (can one brine in a rubbermaid bin? No
> metal pot I can find is big enough for the shank. At 26.5 pounds, it's huge)
> then I should only rub in the non-salt stuff? Or will it 'take' after
> brining?

.....<snippage>