[Sca-cooks] Re: pork internal temp

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 18 07:35:59 PST 2006

> I remember serving medium pork a few times (the meat was ivory white,
> and if you squeezed it you got juice that was just slightly tinged
> with pink; to my mind it was absolutely perfect), and made sort of a
> game of it. There's a fun section in Le Menagier (I think) wherein he
> says that if your guests are French, you have to cook your fish until
> it's just properly done, whereas if they're German, you pretty much
> have to cook it to death, or they'll just send it back to the kitchen
> to be recooked.
>
> I turned on the pancake griddle and waited five or ten minutes while
> a herald announced that the cooks had roasted the meats to a perfect
> state of "doneness" for French diners (it was an Agincourt-themed
> event), but also understood that there might be some Germans out
> there in the hall, and would be glad to overcook any portions of meat
> any German should care to send back the kitchen for incineration...

*Laughs till she falls over*
OWWWW!!!! (Living in a house with a native German who likes his beef
like shoe leather!)

I scammed a bunch of hedgehogs from a dayboard when the woman I was with
declined them, because they were mixed beef and pork and therefore not
white inside. *grin*

BTW, can you make 'proper' mini-hedgehogs using sausage skins, do you
think?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman