[Sca-cooks] Cheese Sammitches - late

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sat Jan 21 07:10:22 PST 2006

Yummy, bacon AND mushrooms with some tomato :)

  I have friends from Oertha who said it was indeed a very chilly Coronet :) And here I was complaining of 20 degree mornings.

  -Muiriath

Sharron Albert <morgana at gci.net> wrote:

Greetings:

I am usually a deep lurker, unable to keep up with this list on a
daily basis in time to post to any of the discussions.

But yesterday I found myself reading the cheese sandwich thread with
interest. They are, of course, a classic comfort food. When our area
hosts a coronet tourney, the barony springs for a repast (modern) of
potato lavender soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for incoming
travelers (many of whom have driven 350 miles to get here).

I noted with interest that only one person mentioned bacon as a
favorite additive. I've been known to make grilled cheese and bacon
sandwiches the night before and eaten them at room temperature for
lunch the next day. And no one mentioned my absolute favorite
addition: sliced fresh mushrooms. Enclosed between layers of a
cheddar and mozzarella cheese, it can't be beat. Makes me hungry just
thinking about it.

I use the soft butter on the bread method usually as I live in an
area where butter can sit out. But foaming it in the pan is my usual
method when cooking a lot, like the night before coronets, just a
week ago.

I hope you are all keeping well in this dead of winter. We had a high
of -30F today (the current temp at 9 pm -- we're warming to a high of
-15F maybe tomorrow).

Morgana