[Sca-cooks] OT: Weather in Oertha

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 24 18:37:36 PST 2006

That's not a problem.  You can take care of mosquitos like that with a
30-06.  The really nasty ones are about an eighth of an inch long in basic
black, so they disappear in the shadows.  Between them and the no-see-ums
(biting midges), they'll bleed you dry.  I was wearing a Stetson (and Cutter
insect repellant) while fishing Willow Creek.  I lifted my hat off to wipe
away the sweat and found the entire brim covered with a layer of itty-bitty
black mosquitos.  Drowned the little beggars, I did.

Bear