[Sca-cooks] 259 unread books

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 22:55:46 PST 2006

Johnnae replied to me with:
 >Never bought a few by the bagful ?

Well, yes. That is why I mentioned avoiding the book remainder flyers
recently such as Edward R. Hamilton or the David Brown Book Company
sale catalog.  I can easily go through a single Edward R. Hamilton
newsprint catalog and come up with $150 or more of books. That could
be 12 or 15 books or more. That is still not buying 259 books at one
time.

 > I can remember walking into a used bookstore that
 > had new stock from an auction. Someone must have
 > collected cookbooks and the heirs sold them off.

Part of the problem is that my interests are so broad it is very easy
to find a large number of books which interest me in almost any
general collection. It is very difficult to walk into Barnes & Noble
or Half Price Books and not walk out with several books. If my
interests only covered cookbooks or medieval history or some such, I
could then just avoid that area of the bookstore.

I really do need to get another bookcase or two, so I can get some of
these stacks of books off the floor. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com